Hoggstowne Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Room block tracking

2 posters

Go down

Room block tracking Empty Room block tracking

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:50 pm

I noticed on the contract that attendees are responsible for booking their own rooms. The exception are those the organization is paying through their account, in which case we will need to have a list to provide to the hotel. A couple of questions:

1. Will the hotel communicate with us to let us know how many rooms of our room block have been booked? Will we need to have attendees inform us when they have booked their rooms, how many are in their room (maybe even with names), and the dates of their stay? (This may be good information to have on hand regardless if we absolutely need it or not).

2. For the people that are getting their rooms/room portions covered, how are we handling it if they stay longer than the four comped nights? Do they need to add the extra nights on themselves, or do we inform the hotel of this but clarify with them we are only paying for the Wed-Sat nights?

3. For those staff/board members choosing not to room with other comped-room staff, what is the best way to handle the payment of the comped portion of their room with the hotel?
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Room block tracking Empty Re: Room block tracking

Post by Albert Dumblewort Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:12 pm

1) Of the two options from point one, I'd rather the attendees inform us, because we'd get a true count of how many attendees there are. Of course, getting a heads-up for both the hotel and attendees is best.
2) I say we do it just like you have written above. We rent what we rent, and they're on their own for additional nights. We'll need to inform the folks we're renting rooms for about this, and probably the hotel as well.
3) Point three is a good question. I think it would be easier for us to comp them than the other way around.
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

https://hoggstowne-forum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:42 am

1. Yes. John has already brought this up, we can keep up with our numbers in real time as needed. As far as the greater details you bring up, I'm not sure that's something appropriate to ask unless we are booking their rooms.

2. I asked John about this, it's not a problem to request the same room extended in one direction or another (or both) in another name.

3. I think in that case they book their room, we give them a check at the end of the event that reimburses their portion of that room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down