Hoggstowne Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Committees

2 posters

Go down

Committees Empty Committees

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:30 pm

This is a thread to throw out ideas on what committees we will need, what their duties will be, which board member will serve as the head of that committee, and which attendees we are considering to be on that committee.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Committees Empty Re: Committees

Post by Albert Dumblewort Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:48 pm

DEATH DAY PARTY. We will need a committee to decide how to best go about decorating it, transforming it from the Great Hall after the banquet and clean-up afterwards.

I think this task was destined for either Mia or David (or both) to head up.

The on-site task will include stowing props until the night of (I think we may have a room for that), moving out all the tables and putting the chairs along the walls after the evening banquet (we won't be using the Great Hall again) (I figure we give everyone 30-45 minutes to go get into the ghastly finest. It won't take as long as it would at SV because we're all much closer).

Other tasks will be choosing proper music, coming up with activities, rigging any lighting/effects and hooking up/incorporating the PA system that is included in the room.
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

https://hoggstowne-forum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Some other possible committees:

Nook & Cranny: determining space for each seller and the number of sellers, whether sellers' tables will be free or charged a fee, arranging/setting up the space, creating price tags, obtaining required equipment (computer, printer, paper, cashbox, etc), running the actual sales and tracking on the spreadsheet, entering and tracking inventory. This may need to be split into two sub-committees - one for the set-up and people side, and one for the financial side.

Specs set-up: as mentioned, Karl and Travis on this one for sure

Great Hall: decorations, music, seat assignments for High Table (and other non-teacher staff), visuals using the projector, hanging candles, etc

Quittitch: (if we can manage it) obtaining proper equipment, set-up and tear-down

Atrium: decorations and props, set-up and tear-down (possible sub-committees here as well - banners, storefronts, pub, etc)

Financial reporting: IRS 990 forms, event budgets, year-end statements/summaries, review of assets and liabilities, financial trends, profit/loss from events/merchandise.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Other possible committees:

Social Media and/or Outreach Committee(s): possible two separate or one combined. Uses social media and in-person social gatherings to talk about Hoggstowne (and other events). Gatherings can include cons, comic shops, movie premieres, bookstores, and outreach to the general public when we have events held in public spaces.

Registration: set-up and tear-down, putting together swag bags, checking in attendees
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:59 pm

I'll take on Nook & Cranny. I've put together enough craft events before, I should have it in-hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:00 pm

On the rest (and adding more) I'll come back after thinking about it a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Same. Obviously karl and i will be commitee-ing scene setting hoo-dee-hoo and whatnot. I'll need some time to think as well how to break all that down into manageable, less overwhelming bits

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Two more ideas:

Wiki committee: This one is probably already pretty much handled, another we could add one or two more people. I'm guessing JP would head this one up since this is his baby.

History/continuity: Responsible for keeping an in-universe timeline and history for Hoggstowne (based on items in the wiki, the events, and possibly the Rumoribus), and ensuring an accurate continuity for the universe and its storylines
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:41 pm

I'd like to suggest that Chelsea Peloquin be added to the Wiki committee. She's integral to the Rumoribus, an amazing writer, and she's a workhorse when it comes to adding content.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:21 pm

That is a wonderful idea for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:16 pm

I'm fine with having her on the wiki staff. I can easily show her our templates and styles, as well as the coding for the sidebars, if desired.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:35 pm

Yes. We need to alter all the direct HP references on the Wizardpedia, although many names and words exist outside the realm of Hp, like Snape.

snape
v.
also sneap, "to be hard upon, rebuke, revile, snub," early 14c., from Old Norse sneypa "to outrage, dishonor, disgrace," probably related to similar-sounding words meaning "cut" (cf. snip (v.)). Verbal meaning "bevel the end (of a timber) to fit an inclined surface" is of uncertain origin or connection. Snaiping "rebuking, reproaching, reviling" is attested from early 14c.

Snape may refer to:

Places
Snape, North Yorkshire, a large village in England
Snape, Suffolk, a small village in England
Snape Island, Hudson Bay, Canada

People
Andrew Snape (1675–1742), headmaster of Eton College
Jeremy Snape (born 1973), English cricketer
Martin Snape (1852–1930), English artist
Maurice Snape (1923–1992), English cricketer
Peter Snape, Baron Snape (born 1942), British politician
Albert Dumblewort