Hoggstowne Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas thus far

Go down

Ideas thus far Empty Ideas thus far

Post by Albert Dumblewort Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 am

Ok, Creative Team! Looks like we’re bound for Paintsville. For those of you who haven’t been there, our new venue is very much like Diagon Alley. It’s enclosed and loaded with little nooks, landings, walkways and spiraling stairs. The first order of business we need is a name for our venue! We wish to echo the books with a name that reflects both them and the venue itself. I’ve come up with some with the same play on words J.K. used to get the ball rolling:

• Magical Alley
• Abnormal Alley
• Cosmic Alley
• Mystic Alley
• Tempor Alley
• Abnormal Alley
• Unusual Alley
• Virtual Alley
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

https://hoggstowne-forum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Ideas thus far Empty Re: Ideas thus far

Post by Albert Dumblewort Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:45 am

Prof. McClanahan: Are we still going to call it Hoggstowne?

Mia: TemporAlly! I love it!

Prof. Dumblewort: Yes. We just need a name for this venue. We certainly don't want to call it Hoggstowne @ the Ramada in Paintsville.

Prof. Specs: Artistic Alley, Majestic Alley...

Prof. Truelong: OMG Tempor Alley!  OMG OMG OMG!

Prof. Specs: Okay, I like wordplay, so bear with me.
MUTUAL
MEDITATIVE
HARMONIC
METAPHYSIC
METAPHORIC
METRIC
ESPECIAL
APPARENT
POSSI LE
CURRENT
EXTREME
ABSOLUTE
SERIOUS (BLACK)
ORIGIN
NATURE
OCCASION
RESPECTIVE
DEFINITIVE
ALTERNATIVE
PKETIC
EXCLUSIVE
FORTUNATE

I'll try to stop myself there.
Possibly us that one
Is
Jeebus
Poetic is the other

Prof. Truelong: Rolling over here...Serious Alley? SERIOUS ALLEY?! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited by Albert Dumblewort on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:55 am; edited 4 times in total
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 am

Prof. Dumblewort: Sirius Alley? Hmm...

We've got two positive responses on Tempor Alley. Let's dig a little deeper:
The Latin word tempus, meaning “time,”and its form temporis give us the roots temp and tempor. Words from the Latin tempus have something to do with time. ... Someone or something contemporary lives or occurs at the same time as someone or something else.

Perhaps the alley is kind of a like an 'alley of requirement' and pops up when needed, but has the ability to move around. In this instance, it's in Paintsville in the middle of a muggle hotel, but only magical folk can see it. Thus, it's a 'temporary' alley. Why are we holding school there? Because the village is undergoing renovations. Also, we can honestly claim the number of enrolled students has exceeded the village capacity and school must be held elsewhere.

It's been done before. In 1862-1865, classes had to be held in Tempor Alley due to the muggle Civil War.

Last edited by Albert Dumblewort on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:47 am

Prof. Truelong: Ooooooh, I like the idea of a crisis leading to the Alley appearing.  There's a lot of interesting history that could be created around that.

Last edited by Albert Dumblewort on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:55 am

Prof. Dumblewort: The whole idea with the location is to imply that it's more than it is, like the facade storefronts they have there. Hey, if WWOHP can do it, why not us?

Prof. McClanahan: Just a quibble on the whole idea we moved cause of "renovation". I think safety of the students and teachers is a better idea. For something to write in universe.  And I'm not say that cause I came up with something for it.

Prof. Dumblewort: Oh yes, the safety of the school and its students is always paramount. Ok, back to names for the venue. Submit a name you like and then we'll take a vote later.

Mia: TemporAlly.

Prof Dumblewort: For myself, I'm going to go with Tempor Alley ~ the Alley of Requirement. (Ok, I know that's two names, but I'm the Headmaster)

Prof. Specs: "Temple" Alley?
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:23 pm

Im still a big fan of TemporAlly. It speaks to the potential fluidity of the event location. Perfect for our temporary oasis of fantasy.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down